Step 1: Decide which Pathway you fall under.
Step 2: Click the corresponding Pathway button below to create/login to your ABRET account.
(1) EEG experience is defined as experience in clinical EEG for a period equivalent to 32 hrs/wk (1664 hrs). Sleep experience is not considered equivalent to clinical EEG experience. EEGs may only be counted post-1-year experience.
(2) Have a current R. EEG T. sign off on your completed in-house assessment and sign all required documentation. Eligibility is granted through December 31, 2022 (Pathway III only).
Complete an in-person assessment hosted by ABRET. Once completed, eligibility is granted for two years.
(3) Complete an in-person assessment hosted by ABRET. Once completed, eligibility is granted for two years.
(4) ASET Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) are a product of ASET (www.aset.org) and can be earned at any point during the EEG experience within the last 5 years. No more than 50% of hours may be earned from ASET journal quizzes.
Here are some resources to assist you on your career path:
CAAHEP is the largest programmatic accreditor in the health sciences field. In collaboration with its Committees on Accreditation, CAAHEP reviews and accredits over 2000 educational programs in twenty-three (23) health science occupations.
ASET - The Neurodiagnostic Society is the largest national professional association for individuals involved in the study and recording of electrical activity in the brain and nervous system. ASET's mission is to provide leadership, advocacy and professional excellence for members, creating greater awareness of the profession and establishing standards and best practices to ensure quality patient care.
EEG candidates may complete the Petition of EEG Eligibility Form to petition their eligibility at the time of application if:
- You have had structured of formal training in neurodiagnostics, but have not earned a degree.*
- You can substantiate education equivalent to at least an associate's degree (foreign medical degree, or vocational education in healthcare field).
- You have a combination of college credits and medical experience.
*Structured is defines as any organized learning institution or program that has defined class work, core instruction and measurable outcomes. On the job training is NOT considered structured learning.
Completion of the online petition requires a $15 fee.