Step 1: Decide which Pathway you fall under.
Step 2: Click the corresponding Pathway button below to create/login to your ABRET account.
(1) 30 IOM educational hours must be earned through ASET, ASNM, or ACNS and can be earned at any point during the NIOM experience within the last 5 years. No more than 15 hours may be earned from ASET journal quizzes.
Completion of Documentation Form
1. The Candidate must be the primary technologist in the set-up, troubleshooting and monitoring of each case listed.
2. Observation of an IOM case may not be included in the required cases, but supervised cases are acceptable, as long as the requirements listed above are met.
3. ABRET will accept documentation of up to two cases per day. Do not submit more than the requested number of cases.
4. IOMs must be within the last 5 years with 10% of IOMs completed within 24 months of application.
5. Monitoring performed in the operating room during a surgical procedure should be included. Pre-op testing and procedures do not satisfy this requirement.
6. Documentation forms will be randomly audited which can delay or negate eligibility.
The CNIM credential is awarded for five years. See the options under Recertification. After 3 unsuccessful attempts to pass the examination within a 2-year timeframe, candidates must wait 6 months and submit an additional 15 hours of Continuing Education before again being eligible to test.
Here are some resources to assist you on your career path:
CAAHEP is the largest programmatic accreditor in the health sciences field. In collaboration with its Committees on Accreditation, CAAHEP reviews and accredits over 2000 educational programs in twenty-three (23) health science occupations.
ASET - The Neurodiagnostic Society is the largest national professional association for individuals involved in the study and recording of electrical activity in the brain and nervous system. ASET's mission is to provide leadership, advocacy and professional excellence for members, creating greater awareness of the profession and establishing standards and best practices to ensure quality patient care.