Complex Spine (CNIM-CS)
- The Candidate must be the primary technologist in the set-up, troubleshooting and monitoring of each case listed.
- Observation of a Complex Spine case may not be included in the required cases, but supervised cases are acceptable, if the requirements listed above are met.
- ABRET will accept documentation of up to two cases per day. Do not submit more than the requested number of cases.
- Complex Spine IOMs must be conducted within the last 5 years with a minimum of 10% completed within 24 months of application.
- Monitoring performed in the operating room during a surgical procedure should be included. Pre-op testing and procedures do not satisfy this requirement.
- Documentation forms will be randomly audited which can delay or negate eligibility.
The Complex Spine microcredential is awarded for five years.
ABRET will award a digital certificate and provide verification at www.abret.org
Exam Fee = $400
Renewal Fee = $50
Current CNIM Required
5 years, renew in the year due to expire by submission of 15 CEUs specific NIOM Complex Spine and a current case log.
Pass current exam.