Board of Directors Nominations
ABRET is now accepting nominations from certificants for positions on the Board of Directors.
In order to submit nominations, your information and credential must be current and in good standing.
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Directors must have an ABRET credential, or have a medical degree (M.D. or D.O.) and be certified by the American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology.
- Technologist directors must not currently be serving on ASET.
- Directors must engage primarily in direct patient care OR be engaged primarily in EEG or EP instruction and education.
- Directors must have served as an Associate Examiner for ABRET in the past.
- Directors must not receive more than 50% of their income from vendors serving the electroneurodiagnostic/neurology community.
- Directors are not allowed to participate in ‘board preparation’ workshops or courses while serving on the Board of Directors.
- In addition to the above, an ABRET Director must be able to travel 3-4 times a year for up to five days at a time and have time to work on projects in the interim. BOD-10
To make a nomination, please submit the following to the Executive Office:
- your credential information (type and number) and contact information,
- a cover letter addressing why your nominee would be a good ABRET Director,
- a copy of the nominee’s curriculum vita or resume
The nominations will be reviewed by the nomination committee. New Directors are elected by the current Board of Directors. Individuals elected will be contacted by the Executive Office. Terms are three yeras.